We are experts in healthy learning environments
Inclusion and healthy learning environments
Successful planning is based on the participation of the users of the facilities. It is important to hear and understand the needs of the users from the beginning. Pedagogy guides the design of the learning environment. When making changes, it is good to think about the parts of the whole at the same time: how all the activities take place in the premises, how the changes affect the order of lessons. It is good to practice the changes even before the facilities are put into use. At best, pedagogy, users and facilities are aligned.
The biggest challenges of school planning are:
- Users are not satisfied with the final solutions
- Schedules that are too fast: there is no time for reflection
- Rarely involved user participation
- The teaching staff is not committed enough
- The pedagogical plan should be better taken into account
- Co-development with different parties (educational agency, spatial center, developer) is minimal in the initial phase
Our solution is the CDM Involver involvement solution:
- Information to the design team about users’ wishes
- The possibility of joint development already in the initial phase
- Information for the manager to implement the pedagogical plan
- Users commit to change
"Based on the results of CDM Involver, the entire planning process started. The results clearly showed what kind of spaces, color worlds and learning spaces are wanted. Based on the results, a comprehensive change work was carried out in the school premises. CDM Involver is the number one implementation in Finland."
"The cooperation with CDM went well. CDM was an active and inspiring partner. During various visits and meetings, a common vision of the school's furniture was put together. CDM takes into account the wishes and plans of teachers and students in a nice way."